These were the result of having less than an hour to prepare a dessert to share, and no cream cheese to make some Starbucks copycat cranberry bliss bars. I never go to Starbucks but have always loved that treat! With every intention to make a healthier copycat version at home this season, I just… didn’t, ha! I had to make something quick so here’s what I came up with after a quick scour of my spices and kitchen counters… and now I have created our new very favorite winter cookies.
I used the main base of my chocolate chip cookie recipe, and then added a dash of cardamom, the zest of one cutie mandarin, chopped dried cranberries, and heaps of white chocolate chips.
The smell alone was enough to convince me these would be delicious. They are DELICIOUS. If you make them, be sure to tag me and feel free to share the link to this recipe with your loved ones!
And in case you can’t read my handwriting, or want to print the recipe:
Cardamom White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies Recipe
- 3/4 c softened salted butter
- 3/4 c brown sugar
- 1/4 c pure cane sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla bean powder (or 2 tsp vanilla extract)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp organic cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 c all purpose flour (could sub 1-1 GF all purpose flour)
- 1/2 tsp cardamom
- zest of full mandarin (or half an orange)
- 1/2 c (or so, I didn’t measure) chopped dried cranberries
- 1 1/2 c white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- In bowl of mixer, cream butter and sugars
- Add egg and vanilla, then mix
- Add all dry ingredients to another bowl and whisk to combine
- Slowly add the dry mixture to the mixer bowl until full mixed
- Add in cardamom and orange zest, and continue mixing
- Stir in cranberries and white chocolate chips
- Use muffin or ice cream scooper and evenly place on your baking sheet
- Bake 8-10 minutes depending on your oven (should be perfectly slightly golden)
- Best to transfer and let cool on cooling rack first, and ENJOY!